At Chillingham Road Primary School, we value our diverse community and aim to:
- Deliver a rich, varied and creative curriculum which encourages all our children to reach their full potential.
- Foster independence, self-discipline and a lifelong love of learning.
- Create an inclusive school community, a friendly school community, a friendly supportive environment where all our children, families and staff feel safe, respected and valued.
Our mission statement underpins all we do in school, including our work with our children with additional learning needs. This document gives families information about the variety of ways we ensure we support our children with special educational needs (SEN) to achieve their potential. We provide a full range of educational and pastoral support to all and our children with SEN make very good progress. The information here is general; each child is an individual and will receive unique provision and resources where necessary.
If you would like further information, or a chat, please contact one of the members of our SEN Spiral team:
- Mary Low- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Su Knowles- email@example.com
- Ben Wassall- firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a number of reasons why a child may be identified as having SEN:
- They are having significant difficulty with their learning and making far less progress than would be expected.
- They have a specific learning difficulty, for example dyslexia.
- They have emotional or mental health difficulties.
- They have difficulties with social communication and interaction.
- They have sensory and/or physical needs, for example a hearing impairment.