This page is still updating...
Due to the school closure we have been unable to offer our normal transition meetings in readiness for September. These meetings are crucial in so far as getting to know you, our new families, as well as a real opportunity for you to feel and sense what life and learning will actually be like inside the Chilliverse for your child.
In order to provide some sort of connection, Janet Armstrong our EYFS Leader and Reception teacher as well as Amanda Hamil-our Nursery teacher have created a transition tool for both classes. We hope you will share these with your child and talk about it with them over the summer holidays.
You can click on the links below to view these.
In addition, you can read much more of the detail about our Early Years provision in the EYFS handbook below.
In order for every child to have a safe and secure start in September and allow us the opportunity to answer a few of your questions, it has been decided that for the first time we will be having a staggered start over the Tuesday 8th, Wednesday 9th and Thursday 10th of September. Mrs McFadden, our Admin Officer will be contacting you about your start date and times.
If possible, we would also like you to share a photo of your child with you-their primary carer/s to support the transition in September.
Please email the photo to email@example.com
We are all really looking forward to seeing you and our new Chillizens.
- Children can start our Playgroup once they are 2 years old.
- Children start Nursery in September of the school year in which they will be four.
- Children start Reception in the September of the school year in which they will be five.
- The closing date for applying for Reception Sep 2020 is 12 noon on 15 January 2020 and you apply direct to the local authority.
- The closing date for Nursery Sep 2020 is 12 noon on 13th March 2020 and you apply direct to school.
Our School has 30 places per year group with a 26 place Nursery and a 24 place play group.
For all admissions whether for the start of the school year or during the school year the same admission criteria, outlined below, will be applied.
- Having a child in the play group is no guarantee they will gain a place in the Nursery.
- Having a child in the Nursery is no guarantee they will get a place in the Reception class.
- Places for the Nursery and Reception classes must be applied for each year separately.
- Families should apply to the school for places in the Playgroup and the Nursery Class.
- Families should apply to the Local Authority for places in the Reception Class.
Chillingham Road has a full time (term time only) Playgroup.
Children are admitted three times a year at the start of each term (September, January and May). Applications for Playgroup need to be made directly to the School. Admissions forms are available from the school office or from our website. Details of the admission policy and process can be found in> Our School > Admissions.
Chillingham Road has a part time Big Playgroup.
This offers children in Nursery the opportunity to take 30 hours if required and can provide a step up towards Nursery for our older playgroup children. Children are admitted three times a year at the start of each term (September, January and May). Applications for Big Playgroup need to be made directly to the School. Admissions forms are available from the school office or from our website.
Chillingham Road has a 26 place part time (15 hours) Nursery.
Children attend all day Monday, Tuesday and on the Wednesday morning. Children are admitted each September. Applications for the Nursery need to be made directly to the School. Admissions forms are available from the school office and need to be returned to us before the admissions closing date which is Friday 13th March 2020.
Chillingham Road has a 30 place Reception Class.
Applications for reception places need to be made to Newcastle City Council. Unfortunately, a place in Nursery does not guarantee a place in reception. Families will receive information from the Council regarding the application process. Details of the admission policy and process can be found on our website.