Our Nursery application window is currently open and we still have a few places left.
Take a look at the videos below for a peek into our Early Years setting.
You can click on the links below to view these.
In addition, you can read much more of the detail about our Early Years provision in the EYFS handbook below.
Please see the Nursery Application form below
- Children can start our Playgroup once they are 2 years old.
- Children start Nursery in September of the school year in which they will be four.
- Children start Reception in the September of the school year in which they will be five.
- We still have a few places left for Nursery children starting in September 2022 so please contact us if you are interested.
- For a Reception place- All applications for school places must be made on Newcastle City Council’s school application form and returned to Newcastle City Council (the Local Authority – LA). Applications for Reception places for September 2022 must be submitted by midday on 14th January 2022.
- Applications for school places in other year groups or after the start of the school year can be submitted at any time.
Our School has 30 places per year group with a 26 place Nursery and a 24 place play group.
For all admissions whether for the start of the school year or during the school year the same admission criteria, outlined below, will be applied.
- Having a child in the play group is no guarantee they will gain a place in the Nursery.
- Having a child in the Nursery is no guarantee they will get a place in the Reception class.
- Places for the Nursery and Reception classes must be applied for each year separately.
- Families should apply to the school for places in the Playgroup and the Nursery Class.
- Families should apply to the Local Authority for places in the Reception Class.
Chillingham Road has a full time (term time only) Playgroup.
Children are admitted three times a year at the start of each term (September, January and May). Applications for Playgroup need to be made directly to the School. Admissions forms are available from the school office or from our website. Details of the admission policy and process can be found in> Our School > Admissions.
Chillingham Road has a part time Big Playgroup.
This offers children in Nursery the opportunity to take 30 hours if required and can provide a step up towards Nursery for our older playgroup children. Children are admitted three times a year at the start of each term (September, January and May). Applications for Big Playgroup need to be made directly to the School. Admissions forms are available from the school office or from our website.
Chillingham Road has a 26 place part time (15 hours) Nursery.
Children attend all day Monday, Tuesday and on the Wednesday morning. Children are admitted each September. Applications for the Nursery need to be made directly to the School. Admissions forms are available from the school office.
Chillingham Road has a 30 place Reception Class.
Applications for reception places need to be made to Newcastle City Council. Unfortunately, a place in Nursery does not guarantee a place in reception. Families will receive information from the Council regarding the application process. Details of the admission policy and process can be found on our website.