17th March 2020
Last week, the Government announced that we are moving from the Contain phase of the coronavirus action plan and into the Delay phase, in response to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Full details of each stage in the government action plan can be found here:
Based on the Government advice from yesterday, anyone with a fever or persistent cough should stay at home for seven days if they live alone or 14 days if they live with others. Anyone who lives with someone displaying coronavirus symptoms should also stay at home for 14 days. People who have to isolate themselves should ask others for help.
Everyone should stop non-essential contact with others. This is particularly important for people over 70, those with underlying health conditions and pregnant women
Our critical incident management team (CIMT) met yesterday to consider additional changes based upon the updates coming from the Government and Public Health England.
The symptoms are:
· A high temperature (37.8 degrees and above)
· A new, continuous cough
You do not need to call NHS 111 to stay at home. If your symptoms worsen during your stay at home period or are no better after 7 days contact NHS 111 online at 111.nhs.uk. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
Current advice remains in place: no education or children’s social care setting should close in response to a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case unless advised to do so by Public Health England.
Our critical incident management team (CIMT) meet daily to consider additional changes based upon the updates coming from the Government and Public Health England.
Here are a few of the changes now in place:
- All children are supported to wash their hands in the morning after registration. This is repeated before lunch time and is advised that children should also do this when they come home from school.
- We have changed the lunch timetable so only two classes at a time sit together in the dinner hall for their lunch.
- We have decided to stop whole school assemblies.
- Lunchtimes have been reduced to two classes per sitting.
- All trips planned before Easter have been cancelled and will be rearranged; this includes the Year 5 trip to Edinburgh. We have cancelled swimming for Year 3.
- All after school clubs are to be cancelled from tomorrow. Your account will be credited for the remaining clubs you had booked.
- If a child was to present with symptoms at school, we have created a special place where they would remain with an adult until collected.
- Families are not permitted to enter the Chimney club provision and must drop off and collect their child from outside.
- We have postponed all student placements from universities.
- The Sports and Arts evening provision and lettings have all been cancelled until further notice.
- Families have been provided with information about how to discuss Covid-19 with their children at home
- All children are to be provided with exercise books in case they have been ask to isolate or in the event of a school closure.
- All families are encouraged to bring in food bank donations to support the local community.
Benjamin Wassall- Head teacher