What is Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium is funding that is based on the number of pupils receiving free school meals.
This funding is given to schools from the government in order to raise standards further in education. It is in addition to mainstream funding. The purpose of the Pupil Premium is to target support to "narrow the gap" between free school meal children and other groups.
It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium, allocated to schools per FSM pupil, is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility.
Source - DfE website
For further information on the pupil premium, please visit:
How much does Chillingham Road Primary receive?
In 2015/16 we received £79,200
In 2016/17 we received £96,040
In 2017/18 we received £100,000
In 2018/19 we received £96,660
In 2019/20 we received £108,840
In 2020/21 we received £103,237
In 2021/22 we received £109,220
For more information about the work of the north east poverty commission, click here.
- PP report to Governors March 2019
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2021 2022
- Pupil premium strategy statement Chillingham Road 2016 2017
- Pupil premium strategy statement Chillingham Road 2017 2018
- Pupil premium strategy statement Chillingham Road 2018 2019
- Pupil premium strategy statement Chillingham Road 2019 2020
- Pupil premium strategy statement Chillingham Road 2020 2021