At Chillingham Road Primary School:
Our purpose is…
To nurture and empower the next generation
Our vision is…
To be an inclusive and reflective learning community
Our values are…
Developing the whole child/ celebrating diversity/ igniting curiosity and inspiring creativity
Our purpose, vision and values underpin all we do in school, including our work with our children with additional learning needs.
This document gives families information about the variety of ways we ensure we support our children with special educational needs (SEN) to achieve their potential. We provide a full range of educational and pastoral support to all and our children with SEN make very good progress. The information here is general; each child is an individual and will receive unique provision and resources where necessary.
If you would like further information, or a chat, please contact one of the members of our SEN Spiral team:
Su Knowles- email@example.com
Ben Wassall- firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a number of reasons why a child may be identified as having SEN:
- They are having significant difficulty with their learning and making far less progress than would be expected.
- They have a specific learning difficulty, for example dyslexia.
- They have emotional or mental health difficulties.
- They have difficulties with social communication and interaction.
- They have sensory and/or physical needs, for example a hearing impairment.