Keeping your child safe and happy in school is our main priority. At Chillingham Road Primary safeguarding your child is everyone's responsibility.
We are committed in our responsibility to protect and safeguard the welfare of the children entrusted into our care, by establishing a safe environment in which children can learn, develop and flourish. We fully understand that prompting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility and have clear systems in place to ensure our procedures are highly effective. All policies and procedures in reference to Child Protection are formally reviewed each year.
As a school we are supported by the team at Clennell Education Solutions who have provided consultancy for over 7 years.
We are a Place 2 Be school and offer 1:1 counselling support for our children as well as Place 2 Talk twice a week for drop in sessions in KS2.
We receive the latest guidance and support from Gem Education to keep your child safe online and you the family fully informed.
Sustaining and supporting the wellbeing of all our staff team is also a main priority at school.
Mrs Hamil is our staff well being ambassador
We follow the NHS and Mind Charity's 5 steps to mental wellbeing
We are also an Operation Encompass school and work in partnership with Northumbria Police
Please click here for more information
The PREVENT strategy and British Values guidance
The Prevent strategy, published by the Government in 2011, is part of our overall counter-terrorism strategy, CONTEST. The aim of the Prevent strategy is to reduce the threat to the UK from terrorism by stopping people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism. In the Act this has simply been expressed as the need to “prevent people from being drawn into terrorism”.
The 2011 Prevent strategy has three specific strategic objectives:
- respond to the ideological challenge of terrorism and the threat we face from those who promote it
- prevent people from being drawn into terrorism and ensure that they are given appropriate advice and support
- work with sectors and institutions where there are risks of radicalisation that we need to address.
Health and Safety at Chillingham Road
Below are downloadble copies of all our policies relevant to safeguarding and keeping your child safe.
- Anti Bullying Policy
- Attendance and Punctuality Policy
- Complaints Policy and Procedures 2022 2023
- Health Safety Policy Chillingham Road 2021
- Looked After Children and Previously Looked After Children Policy
- Managing Concerns Low Level Concerns Policy
- Managing Medication in School Policy
- Place2Be Safeguarding and CP Policy
- Positive Handling Policy
- Prevent Indicators
- Prevent Self Assessment Chillingham Road Primary School
- prevent within schools
- Safeguarding and Child protection policy 2022 2023
- Safer Recruitment Policy
- the prevent duty