We currently have a vacancy for a Year 6 class teacher
Year 6 Class Teacher
In accordance with the Teachers' pay and Conditions document
£24,373 - £40, 4890 per annum depending on relevant teaching experience.
Starting September 2020
Why Chilli Road?
- Our school is often referred to as the Chilliverse due to the fact our learning community is so diverse.
- Our children are incredible and all thrive to be excellent Chillizens.
- Our staff are all marvellously individual. We are all committed to doing the best we can and integrating a creative and evidence based approach to learning; we are also realists and encourage autonomy, challenge and teacher choice.
- Are you bored of following the same schemes or are frustrated about not being able to choose your own texts?
- Do you want to develop your leadership capacity?
- Currently, we have a healthy budget for professional development.
- We offer great music and animation to our children.
- We trust teachers to formatively assess our key performance indicators across all subjects using ‘Insights.’ Teachers have agreed this saves time.
- We are a Place2Be school. The only one in Newcastle and offer weekly counselling to our children, staff and families. Our nurturing ethos puts well-being at the centre of what we do.
- We are part of the excellent Ouseburn Learning Trust.
- Our history is rich and for this reason, our roots go deep and our branches reach high.
Throughout this recruitment process we will ensure that we will follow the guidelines established by the Department for Education within the –Action for schools during the Coronavirus outbreak
Chillingham Road Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and successful applicants will be required to obtain “an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.”
This post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information. Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Application details are available by e-mail to
or can be downloaded on the school website
Closing date: Wednesday 20th May at 12pm
Shortlisting: Thursday 21st May
Interviews will be held week commencing 25th May
Completed applications by email only please to
Chillingham Road Primary School is an equal opportunities employer.