We are currently recruiting a Year 1 class teacher position- fixed term for 1 year starting in September 2022.
Year 1 Class Teacher
Fixed-Term- 1 year - Starting September 2022
£25,714 - £41,604 per annum, depending on relevant teaching experience
Why Chilli Road?
- Our school is often referred to as the Chilliverse due to the fact our learning community is so diverse.
- Our children are incredible and all thrive to be excellent Chillizens.
- Our staff are all marvellously individual. We are all committed to doing the best we can and integrating a creative and evidence based approach to learning; we are also realists and encourage autonomy, challenge and teacher choice.
- We offer great music, drama and animation to our children.
- We are a Place2Be school. The only one in Newcastle and offer weekly counselling to our children, staff and families. Our nurturing ethos and RSE curriculum puts well-being at the centre of what we do.
- We are part of the excellent Ouseburn Learning Trust.
- Our history is rich and for this reason, our roots go deep and our branches reach high.
Chillingham Road Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and successful applicants will be required to obtain “an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.”
This post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information. Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Application details are available by e-mail to
or can be downloaded on the school website
Whole School Tours: Wednesday 4th May 2022 @ 4:15pm and Tuesday 10th May at 4:15pm
Closing date: Monday 16th May 2022
Shortlisting: 17th-19th May 2022
Interviews: Thursday 26th May 2022
Completed applications by email only please to
Chillingham Road Primary School is an equal opportunities employer.